How to lend a hand while staying home
Are you feeling overwhelmed during this time of uncertainty? Are you wondering how you can give back while remaining socially distant? Here are five ways you can help from home during COVID-19:
- Donate blood – The American Red Cross and other agencies are in critical need of healthy blood donors. Visit their website to learn more about donating blood safely during COVID-19 and to make an appointment near you.
- Give to a local food bank – Find your local food bank on Feeding America’s website to learn how you can give back. Although some food banks are limiting in-person volunteers to keep others safe, most are accepting online donations.
- Support small businesses – Many local restaurants and businesses are being affected by stay at home policies around the world. Take time to purchase gift cards, shop online, leave positive reviews, and engage with their social media channels. Find your favorite business on Help Main Street to show your support.
- Volunteer – In today’s digitally connected society, there are many non-profits and organizations seeking help without having to be in-person. Alone connects the elderly with volunteers across the country through technology. You can sign up to be a telephone volunteer to check on older adults during COVID-19.
- Stay home – The easiest way to help is to follow your state’s orders to practice social distancing. Only leave the house for essential work or grocery runs and be extremely cautious if you must go out. Learn more helpful tips about staying home here.
Leading by example: What we’re doing to support our communities
NELSON Worldwide teammates from across the country are doing their part to make a difference. From donating blood, to sewing protective masks, we are making a positive impact in our communities and encourage everyone to do the same.